1. Mortgage Pre-Approval – set up meeting with Candice by calling/texting 306-531-6880 or email Candice@candicecarr.ca
2. Make an Offer– Find a house you love and make an offer subject to conditions such as mortgage approval, inspection, etc. If the sellers like the offer, they will accept the offer. If they do not like the offer, they will counter offer and you can accept or not.
3. Write deposit cheque to your real estate office’s Trust account. This will count towards your down payment.
4. Get mortgage approval and sign paperwork with mortgage broker.
5. Home Inspection – Complete walk through with the home inspector (cost is roughly $500)
6. Remove conditions on the offer if you are happy with the inspection (or renegotiate price if something is wrong with home inspection) and the mortgage has no conditions outstanding. *Removing the conditions on the offer makes the deal “firm” and you cannot back out of the purchase without losing your deposit*
7. Arrange home insurance (they will send confirmation of coverage to the lawyer)
8. Lawyer Appointment – Meet lawyer to sign documents and finalize mortgage, land titles, etc. about a week to 3 days before possession day. Your mortgage lender and realtor will send all the necessary paperwork to the lawyer for you before you meet with them.
9. Possession day! Get the keys from your realtor and do a walk through.